Friday, April 5, 2013

IF 4

More Ifs . . .

If you were to decide on a new punishment for convicted murderers, aside from life imprisonment or the death penalty, what would it be?
--This is a tough one for me because I have been studying the criminal justice system for the past few years.  I know that many convicted murderers are not guilty.  I don't condone letting killers walk away free, and neither do I approve of innocent people in prison.  The system sometimes lets us down, but for the purposes of this question, I will assume that the convicted murderer I am sentencing really is guilty.  I would prescribe a partial lobotomy and castration.  Remove the part of the brain that makes these people dangers to society, and then make sure they can't procreate.  Studies have shown that temperament is inherited, rather than influenced by environmental factors.

If you could have your mate surprise you by doing one thing (other than give you a gift), what would you want him/her to do?
--Clean the entire house. Every room, every surface, every nook and cranny.  Can you tell I'm married?

If you could have one extra hour each dayto do only one thing, what would you do in that hour?
--Sleep.  No question.

If you could have kept a detailed diary of one period of your life, so that you could now reread it, what period would it be from?
--I did keep a diary, but I kept forgetting to write in it, and I totally gave up on it sometime as a teenager.  I would like to have a record of my life life from age 16 to age 24.  I don't remember much, and I wish I had a diary that I could read to help me remember.

If you could implement a strategy to fight the war on drugs, what would it entail?
-- I would legalize marijuana.  That would free up a lot of jail space, thus saving taxpayer's money and making room for real criminals.  When marijuana is made legal, I would put a tax on it, thus giving back to the community.  Also, there would be a bunch of new jobs for unemployed people: pot farmers and business owners.

If you had to name the one thing that has changed the most about growing up since your childhood, what would it be?
--Technology.  As a child, I had a record player and a cassette player.  I used the landline at my house to call my friends because that was all we had.  If I wanted to watch a show on TV, I had to watch it right when it came on because there were no DVRs and using the VCR was a hassle.  I didn't have access to the Internet till I was about 15, and it was so slow that I read a book as I waited for webpages to load.





No comments:

Post a Comment