Friday, November 21, 2014

IF ***

If you could cure any disease, which would it be?
----There are so many . . . but I would cure childhood cancer.  I know that's a rather broad scope, but I simply cannot narrow it down.  I would give much of my earnings to St. Jude's if I had it to give.  I've spent a lot of time in children's hospitals, both as a patient and as a mother, and I can't stand to see babies, especially, suffer.  The little ones do not understand yet what is going on, and they fight so hard, they fight to live, they fight to go on.  It's a draining and emotional experience.

If you could eliminate one cause of death on Earth, what would it be?
----Whatever the most painful kind might be.  I would not wish a painful death on anyone.

If you could invent one new home appliance, what would it do?
----Fold laundry.  By far, my most hated task, aside from dishwashing.

If you could be a guest on any TV talk show, which would it be?
----The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon.  I LOVE love love Jimmy Fallon- he's the most talented, funny, musical, and creative talk show host ever. 

If you could have prevented once event in history, what event would you eliminate?
----The Black Plague.  It was a nasty, horrible, painful business, that event was.  It killed everyone it touched, without a thought or care- women, children, men, EVERYONE.  Second place goes to the Holocaust, of course.

If you could teach your children only one lesson in life, what would it be?
----I'd teach them that honesty is the best policy.  When in doubt, tell the truth.  Many hurts can be avoided by this simple lesson, and also many unnecessarily long and complicated fabricated stories that will catch you up too quick.  The truth shall set you free.  It may be difficult at times to tell the complete truth, but it is always the best answer.  If a woman's butt looks too big in whatever outfit tell her, but nicely.  She doesn't want to wear something like that ! That's why she asked you in the first place! If I make a pie that you truly don't like, tell me!  If you don't, then I will never know, and I'll keep making them.  If you love someone, tell him/her.  If you don't, tell him/her.  Avoid mixing up relationships with lies like those.  These are but a few examples of why the truth is the best.

How would you describe your idea of the perfect mate?
--Well, first of all,no one is perfect. But I can come up with some traits that would make a man darn near perfect to me: Funny, sweet, honest, charming, strong in body and mind, healthy as a horse, big-hearted, likes similar similar TV shows and books as me, and is easy to please in the kitchen.  Being nice to look at, rich, and very educated would be bonuses.  As it happens, I already have my life mate, and he embodies most of the list I have provided.

No comments:

Post a Comment