Tuesday, October 8, 2013

brand reviews


Brand Loyalty

First of all, I would like to state that I use mostly generic brand products because they are cheaper, but also because many times the ingredients are the same as the more popular brands.  Even so, I do have some favorite brands, and I will explain my reasoning for each one.

Apple vs. Microsoft:  I am a Microsoft fan all the way.  I grew up (starting around age 10) with computers my dad built, and they all used the Windows operating system.  I have used all the Windows versions from Windows 3.1 to Windows 8.  I even chose to have a cell phone that uses Windows 7 instead of getting an iPhone.  I have always found Windows easier to operate than Macintosh/Apple systems, and my phone is super easy to work and has all the features I wanted. 

Nintendo vs. Playstation: I much prefer Nintendo systems when I have a chance to game.  I grew up watching my brother play most of the Nintendo systems, and then the Xbox.  I own a Nintendo DS, even though I haven’t had time to play it in a few years.  I have tried playing a couple of Playstation systems, and I find the controllers to be very confusing with all the different shapes on the buttons and such.  I prefer the simplicity and ease of the Nintendo controllers.

Kotex vs. Tampax and all other pad/tampon brands: I have used all the available brands on the market, and I have consistently found that Kotex is the best.  The Kotex tampons are much easier to operate than Tampax because of the shape and grip.  Kotex pads are more reliable than Always pads because you can trust the wings to stay in place.  Generic brands are generally sub-par, but I will use them if I must, and if they are similar to Kotex.

Campbell’s soup: Okay, I only eat one soup, and that is Campbell’s chicken noodle soup.  I’ve tried off-brands, but they do not taste the same.  There is nothing like some good chicken noodle soup when you’re feeling sick.

Chef Boyardee: I love mini ravioli, and I only buy this brand- again, because it tastes the best. 

All brand laundry detergent: I’ve used many brands, but I find All’s frangrance-free liquid detergent to be the best for my family’s needs. It is also not expensive.

Sunbelt granola bars: These granola bars are the best quality for the money.  They taste better than other brands and they are priced reasonably.  I love that they are chewy rather than crunchy.

Ritz crackers: There is just something about the texture of the cracker that tastes soooooo good.  When I buy peanut butter crackers, I always buy this brand. They melt in your mouth, unlike some other brands that are more difficult to swallow.

So I do have loyalty to some brands, but I always buy whatever is cheapest in all other areas: toilet paper, paper towels, trash bags, spaghetti noodles, spices and seasoning mixes, milk, cheese, bread, frozen pizza, magazines, clothes (I shop at Goodwill), tomato sauce, canned and frozen veggies, cookie dough, flour, sugar, cooking oil, batteries, syrup, candy, juice, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment