Tuesday, February 12, 2013

body image

As a girl, I always wanted to have a body like my mom's: curvy.  I figured I would because typically girls end up with bodies similar to their mothers.  That was the expectation.  The reality was that I was still waiting for boobs well into my twenties.  I was optimistic about the situation until high school, when all the other girls (it seemed) had developed womanly figures.  But when I reached age 19, I decided to own my body.  I stopped wearing quite so many baggy T-shirts and started dating a lot more.  I also acquired a distaste for plastic surgery. I would read articles about celebrities having all kinds of surgeries to "improve" their looks and I would tell myself that I would never do that. 

That was before I went through pregnancy twice.  I went from being a super-skinny beanpole of a woman to . . . . . . .

Well, at least I got some decent hips out of the bargain.  I actually grew small breasts, too.  But I also grew a tummy that wouldn't quit growing after giving birth.  I went from 125 pounds to about 190 pounds in the course of my two pregnancies.  The belly pooch will not go away, and my weight has not dropped below 172 in almost 5 years.  It's usually around 180.  I currently try to do 100 crunches and 5 minutes on an exercise bike every day, in addition to taking diet pills and eating smaller portions. 

Yeah.

So I have a new attitude toward plastic surgery and the people who can afford it.  Sometimes having a little nip here and a tuck there can be a good thing.  I have a lot of issues with my face and body, but I would never change my looks so much that I would be unrecognizable.  So I don't see facial plastic surgery in my future.  However, I wouldn't mind getting some boobs and a tummy tuck. 

No comments:

Post a Comment