Friday, December 27, 2013

Can't sleep, may as well do this.

 Tonight, I am awake and not quite ready for bed.  My oldest son is snoring on the couch next to me. 


What do you do if you can’t sleep at night? Do you count sheep, toss and turn, or get up and do something? 
First, I will try the tossing and turning to maybe find a more comfortable sleeping position and thus be able to go back to sleep.  However, that usually doesn't work, so I will get up and do something.  The "something" may involve a snack, the TV, the computer, or a book.  On a rare occasion, I might even do a chore like the dishes or laundry.

 What’s something you should throw away, but can’t?  Explain.
The first, most obvious item is my original marriage certificate and divorce decree from my first marriage.  I can't throw them away because I have to keep a record of it due to my name changes and identity thieves.  Also, my husband is a pack rat.  I would love to throw away all of his white underwear, his ugly green chair, and many other useless things.

 Who’s the smartest person you know?
Sometimes I think it's my dad, sometimes I just don't know.  Everyone is smart or talented in at least one area, so it's difficult to judge.  My dad is more math/science/logic smart.  My husband is more instinctual/street smart.  My brother is financially/business smart.  

 What’s something about yourself that you hope will change, but that probably never will?
I would love to stop being a procrastinator about finishing things I start.  I would also like to stop making snap decisions and following through immediately without thinking it through.  There has to be a middle ground, but I doubt I will ever find it.

 Are you a rule breaker or a rule keeper? Why?
 That depends on the situation.  I've broken laws such as buying cigarettes and alcohol for underage people, jaywalking, and speeding.  These days I like to follow rules that keep me out of jail for the most part, but I would break a rule if it was for a good cause.

Do you have a collection?  If so, what do you collect and why?
I have a lot of books.  I would call that a collection.  I try to read at least 2 books every week, and most of them are library books.  The collection of books I have are the ones that I like to read over and over and/or that have special meaning to me.

 Do you think the world will be better or worse 100 years from now?
Who really knows?  I'm going to take the optimistic view: I say that 100 years from now, we will have sufficiently harnessed the planet's natural energies, such as wind and solar power- AND that we rely on those natural power sources rather than the ones that cause pollution.  In this ideal world, all the countries get along and work together to ensure the future of mankind.  There will be easy solutions to today's serious medical diseases, such as forms of cancer, Hepatitis C, the common cold, diabetes, etc. Perhaps genetic manipulation would be allowed in some cases of babies in the womb with serious health issues.

 Have you ever wished you were the opposite sex?  Explain.
Yes, of course.  I have wished I were a man, but just for a day or two- no longer than a week.  I just want to know what it's like to have a penis and what I can do with it.  I have never met a female who has not wondered about this.  

No comments:

Post a Comment