Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Not Kicking the Bucket

List things you want to do before you die.
1.     
Travel by car, bus, or train across America.  I’ve been to the East coast and the Northern and Southern borders, so I would like to make my way leisurely West to California first.  I would visit San Francisco and then start heading North, again at my own pace.  I’m sure if this trip were actually going to happen, I would do some research and stop at interesting places along the way.  I would go all the way to Seattle, just to check it out.  Then I’d head East, see Wyoming, and end up in Minnesota because I’ve never been to the Mall of America.  From there I would make my way to New York City, where I would visit Central Park for an entire day, and hopefully see a show on Broadway.  After that, I’d start heading back home because I’ve already been to Florida twice and New Orleans once.  I’d like to drive through some mountains at some point.  The whole point of this trip would be to relax and enjoy myself and not be in a hurry, in addition to exploring my country.

2.    Have a spa day. I’ve never been pampered.  I’ve never had a massage of any kind.  I’ve never had a pedicure.  I’ve never had any kind of treatments that spas offer.  I am 30, I work hard, I’ve birthed 2 kids, I’ve been through a lot of medical crap, and I think I deserve it.  BEFORE I die.

3.    I’d like to try hang-gliding or sky-diving or something similar.  Something to give me the feeling of flying.

4.    Visit Ireland for a month.  I want enough time to really explore on my own in addition to taking guided tours.  I want to sit in pubs and observe the locals.  I want to see castles and ruins.  I want to lie down on a green, green, field and watch the clouds.  I want to see all the little out-of-the-way places.


5.    I want to read all the books I possibly can.  My to-read list is already over 100, and I want to read them ALL.  The problem is that life interferes with my reading and I add more books to the list on a regular basis, so I can never catch up.  I feel like I need to read all the classics, in addition to all the other more modern books I’m interested in.

No comments:

Post a Comment