Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Just Chillin'

If you could meet anyone, alive or dead, who would it be? 
_____________________________________________________

I imagine I can include famous people and family I'd like to meet.  I will start will the famous ones:

The most obvious one who comes to mind is John Lennon.  I would probably be starstruck, but if I got over that bit I would just like to hang out with him for awhile.  Talk to him and maybe Yoko about life.

Piers Anthony- the author of many of my favorite books.  He is notoriously private, lives on a tree farm in Florida, and is well into his 70s.  I would LOVE to sit down with him and discuss science and religion and politics and what inspires him.

Laurell K. Hamilton- author of the Anita Blake series.  I would like to talk with her about her books, but also about love and belief systems and research.

I can't forget Jimmy Fallon, my favorite comedian, SNL alum, and late night host.  He seems like a genuinely nice guy who likes making people laugh.  If I met him, I would just like to have a random conversation and be an audience member on his show.

Some other famous people I wouldn't mind meeting are Micky Dolenz, Jennifer Crusie, Chelsea Clinton, Ani Difranco, Beck, and Susan Sarandon.  That I can think of right now, anyway.

I am very curious about my ancestry, and I would like to meet a bunch of my ancestors.  I want to know where they were during big moments of history, and I'd like to trace them as far back as the beginning of the line.  Were any of them influential or famous, or did any of them hobnob with history-makers?  I want to know what countries they came from, and why each of them decided to come to America, and when exactly that was.  What were the occupations of my ancestors?  What were they talented at?  What did they do for fun?  Did any of them live in a castle, keep, mud hut, or log cabin?


No comments:

Post a Comment